decorative photo with text Admission 2023/2024




If you are EU/EEA citizen all you need is card id or passport to stay legally in Poland.

As an EU/EEA student, you have the right to live in Poland for the duration of your studies if you are enrolled in an approved educational establishment, have sufficient income to live without needing income support, and have comprehensive health insurance cover.

During the first 3 months of your stay, you are not required to register your residence. After 3 months, you may be required to register your residence with local authorities and obtain a document confirming your right to stay.

If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you must get a student visa at your nearest Polish embassy/consulate. The steps you must follow to apply for a Poland student visa are:

  • Find the nearest Polish consulate or embassy to set up an appointment. You can set up an appointment through the E-Konsulat website of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Complete the application form through the E-Konsulat website. To be able to study in Poland and get a valid student visa, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
  • Must have completed secondary level education.
  • Must have valid Leaving Certificate which gives confirmation that you are eligible to apply in a University. After you arrive in Poland, you must apply for a temporary residence permit, preferably 45 days before your visa expires to extend your stay.

Links with more information:


Residency Permit Card


For a longer stay (longer than 3 months) you need to apply for registration of their stay with local voivodship office within 90 days of their arrival. They will be issued a cost-free certificate of registration with a non-limited period of validity proving their right to stay in Poland.


You have to apply for a Temporary Residence Permit with the local Voivodship Office

Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:

  • 3 copies of application form (completed in Polish language)
  • 4 color photos sized 4.5 cm / 3.5 cm (forward-facing head shots)
  • 2 photocopies of passport
  • documents certifying source of income (loan certificate or bank statement)
  • Dean’s letter certifying the educational status
  • documents certifying no tax arrears in Poland
  • copy of Medical Insurance Certificate


In order to obtain a temporary residence permit in Poland, you must submit an application to the appropriate consulate of Poland, usually found in your country of residence. If you are already in Poland, you may apply directly to the appropriate regional office of a provincial governor. Permission for temporary residence is normally granted for a maximum of 1-3 years and it can be renewed but no longer than remainder of rest of you studies. The application for a residence permit should be submitted no later than on the last day of legal residence in Poland. After filling out the application, select the appropriate queue: X - APPLYING FOR A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE CARD.

This permit is not automatically renewed – a foreigner interested in continuing their stay in Poland before its expiry should apply for a temporary residence permit, e.g. another temporary residence permit for the purpose of studying at university, or an indefinite permit (i.e., a permanent residence permit or a long-term EU resident's residence permit), provided that it meets the requirements necessary to grant it.

Contact: Śląski Urząd Wojewódzki w Katowicach


phone: (32) 606 32 32

Guide which says what documents you need exactly, you will find on website:

MOS - Moduł Obsługi Spraw (

Click „read the information”

Links with more information:

Office for Foreigners - Office for Foreigners - website (


Cost of living

The cost of living in Katowice is generally lower than in other major cities in Poland. According to Numbeo, the approximate monthly costs for a student in Katowice are:

  • Accommodation: 1000-1500 PLN
  • Food: 800-1000 PLN
  • Transportation: 100-200 PLN
  • Entertainment: 300-500 PLN

These are just approximate costs and may vary depending on your lifestyle and the type of accommodation you choose.



Legalization is the process of authenticating or certifying a document so that it can be accepted in another country. It is required when the country where you need to use the document is not a party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents.

The legalization procedure generally consists of a chain of certifications by one or more authorities of the country of origin of the document and of the destination country. The first authority certifies the issuer of the document, and each subsequent authority certifies the previous one until the final certification is made by an authority of the destination country that can be recognized by the final user there. The certifying authorities generally include the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or equivalent of the country of origin and an embassy or consulate of the destination country located in the country of origin.

For private documents, such as corporate bylaws for a company or a private contract, the first step is to notarize an individual’s signature on the document. Since a notary is a public official, their signature and seal can then be authenticated and legalized.

The cost of legalizing a document can vary depending on the country where the document is being legalized and the type of document being legalized. It is best to check with the relevant authorities in the country where you need to legalize the document for specific information on fees and charges.

Links with more information:

What is required to obtain legalization - NAWA



An apostille is a certificate that authenticates the origin of a public document. It is issued by a country that is party to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. The purpose of the apostille is to certify the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document has acted, and where appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears. The apostille is a square stamp or printed form consisting of 10 numbered standard fields. It is placed on an original document or attached to it.

To get an apostille for a public document, you need to contact the relevant authority in the country where the document was issued. This is usually the Ministry of Education, Polish Embassy or a similar government agency. You will need to provide the original document and pay any applicable fees. The authority will then verify the document and issue an apostille certificate, which will be placed on the original document or attached to it.

more informations: What is required to obtain an apostille - NAWA


Letter of no objection

Here's a concise guide on how to obtain a letter of no objection:

  1. Identify the purpose: Determine the specific reason for needing a letter of no objection. It could be for transferring schools, participating in an exchange program, or any other educational opportunity.

  2. Research requirements: Understand the requirements and guidelines set by the institution or organization to which you're applying. Check if they have a specific format or template for the letter of no objection.

  3. Contact your current institution: Reach out to your current educational institution, such as your school or university, to inquire about their process for issuing a letter of no objection. They will provide information on the necessary steps and any documents or forms you need to submit.

  4. Prepare necessary documents: Gather any supporting documents required by your current institution. This may include your academic transcripts, identification documents, or any other paperwork they request.

  5. Write a formal request: Draft a formal letter addressed to the appropriate authority at your current institution. Clearly state your intention to obtain a letter of no objection, specifying the purpose for which you need it. Include your full name, student ID number, and contact details for easy identification.

  6. Provide necessary information: In your letter, provide details about the institution or program you intend to join, including its name, location, and any relevant deadlines. This information helps your current institution understand the context of your request.

  7. Submit your request: Submit your formal request, along with any required documents, to the designated office or authority within your current educational institution. Follow any specific instructions provided by the institution for submitting the request.

  8. Follow up: If you haven't received a response within a reasonable timeframe, consider following up with the relevant office or authority to inquire about the status of your request. Be polite and provide any additional information they may require.

  9. Review and finalize: Once you receive the letter of no objection from your current institution, carefully review it for accuracy and completeness. If any corrections are needed, inform the issuing authority promptly.

  10. Submit to the intended institution/organization: Finally, submit the letter of no objection to the institution or organization where you plan to pursue your educational opportunity. Ensure you follow their specific instructions for submission, whether it's through mail, email, or an online portal.

Remember, the process may vary depending on the educational institution and the purpose of the letter of no objection. It's always recommended to check with your current institution and the receiving institution for any specific requirements or procedures they may have in place.


Godło RP